Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Week of January 22, 2007

Neil is mastering his own schedule. I gave up on trying to get him to nap in the afternoon. He takes his naps in the mornings and evening. Afternoons seem to be the witching hour - no naps, only playtime. He is determined not to let his grandma sleep in the afternoon either! This weekend (Jan 27) we went to another kid's bday party. It was socializing time for Neil. He was jolly and pretty content so long as he was in his car seat. Neil has always been good in crowds up until this week. It was a revelation for me when someone came to cuddle him and pick him up. He started screaming bloody murder! It seems to me like he was in pain - so I tried calming him down, took off his clothes thinking it was maybe too warm for him and tried nursing him thinking he may be hungry! But uh-huh... nothing seemed to work! He calmed down on his own accord. And when finally he seemed to be smiling, I took him back into the party where he promptly threw a fit again when someone other than me held him! Whew! What a pain but for now he seems to be a complete anti-social animal.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home