Monday, July 21, 2008

Month of August, 2007

August 1, 2007: What a nightmare it has been today! I picked Neil up from daycare and he seemed his normal self. They had been reporting loose bowel movements for 2-3 days now but I didn’t take particular notice. Neil didn’t have his night-time meal as he usually does but that didn’t really bother me till I finished bathing him and while dressing him up, he threw up! Once I finished cleaning him, re-dressing him, taking him downstairs, I gave him his bottle – he drank some and threw up again! He did this 2 more times and I nearly lost it! He threw up in the bedroom, on the sheets, in the kitchen, in the bathroom and I was nearly hysterical! I didn’t know what to do. I called the doc’s office and they told me that it could be stomach flu. The virus was making the rounds in the county and that I should let him rest without feeding him anything. I stayed up most of the night watching over him because he continued to gag in his sleep and throw up fluids! It was tough to watch him struggle and suffer.

August 24, 2007: Neil took 6 steps in day care today! His first attempt at walking! Over the weekend (aug 25, 26) he tried taking 2-3 steps at a time, Its pretty neat to see him stand on his own and try to walk. His grandparents are back in town and Neil has taken a fancy to his Grandpa! Its amazing to see him hover around him all the time and to see my Dad enjoy all the attention he’s getting from Neil! Neil is now sleeping in the full-size mattress in his room. He sleeps much better now and most of the days does a 8-9 hour stretch after which he wakes up to drink milk and then goes back to sleep for 1-2 hours. So it’s not bad at all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home