Monday, July 21, 2008

Month of October, 2007

October 1, 2007: Today Neil moved to the “mobile monkeys” section in day care – kids here are more mobile and Neil gets to do a lot more: walk around, eat more adult like food, do arts & crafts. I think Neil is enjoying it although he is definitely more clingy and cries a lot when I drop him off.

Neil got better at day care when I sent him full time for a week while mom and dad were visiting Cleveland. He cried less when I dropped him off and Sri’s trick of walking him into the day care (instead of carrying him) seemed to work pretty well too.

I started taking Neil to the potty every morning. He responded to it very well for the first two weeks or so. But then, off late, he refuses to do it in the potty. For that matter his whole cycle of eating-pooping-sleeping has taken a turn for the worse. Every day is a new time-table. Its challenging. But there are cute moments. Like last night (October 30, 2007), after having his dinner, he pooped. And I told him that he needed to use the potty and to let Mamma know that he needed to go. After I said that he headed straight for the restroom where I usually take him! It was cute – I had to tell him that it was too late and we would go upstairs and give him a bath instead. Promptly he started scaling the stairs.

He’s also become a hoodlum at the day care. I saw him physically pummel another kid and snatch a toy from her!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home